Resource for Professionals
Liberty Healthcare and Rehabilitation focuses upon assisting patients to regain their prior level of function following an illness or injury. This is done using state of the art therapy equipment and an interdisciplinary team consisting of physicians, registered nurses and certified nursing aides, registered physical, occupational and speech therapists and assistants, and social workers. Collectively, this team works with the patient and their family to determine the best course of treatment for a safe discharge to their prior living setting.
Click here to learn about the care services offered at Liberty Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services.
Considerations when making a referral for Skilled Nursing Care
Patients are transferred from the hospital to a skilled nursing facility at lightning speed. The amount of physical, occupational and speech therapy services a patient receives is based upon the patient’s tolerance. Here are considerations for the health care professional as they make recommendations for continued care.
- Does the patient live alone, with family or friends?
- Is the family able to meet the mental or physical demands of caring for their loved one at home?
- Does the patient have outside support systems to make the discharge safe?
- Does the patient understand how to take their medications?
- Can the patient explain or describe what medications they currently take?
- Can family or friends understand the patient’s medications or treatments?
- Are there any physical plant challenges with the patient returning to their prior living setting?
- Are there steps or long distances to critical rooms like the bathroom or bedroom?
- Would the patient benefit from a short term skilled nursing care stay before transitioning home?
Referral Information Needed
Often, hospitals utilize Provider Link to facilitate a skilled nursing care referral. Liberty Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services is able to have a staff member meet with the patient, their family or the patient’s medical professional, to conduct a complete evaluation of the patient and coordinate an admission. Click here to learn about our facility locations. Our facilities coordinate referrals with a variety of medical professionals and are able to accept an admission twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- North Carolina FL2
- History and Physical
- PASSAR Number
- Current Medications (Medication Administration Record)
- Discharge Summary
- Current Therapy Notes
- List of Equipment Needs